Book Title: Qualitative Reading Inventory-6, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package (6th Edition) (What's New in Literacy)
Author: Lauren Leslie
- Assessment for Reading Instruction, Third Edition
- Intervention Strategies to Follow Informal Reading Inventory Assessment: So What Do I Do Now? (3rd Edition) (Response to Intervention)
- Words Their Way: Word Study for Phonics, Vocabulary, and Spelling Instruction (6th Edition) (Words Their Way Series)
- Strategies for Reading Assessment and Instruction in an Era of Common Core Standards: Helping Every Child Succeed, Pearson eText with Loose-Leaf Version - Access Card Package (5th Edition)
- Assessing Readers: Qualitative Diagnosis and Instruction, Second Edition
- The Strategic Teacher: Selecting the Right Research-Based Strategy for Every Lesson
- An Observation Survey of Early Literacy Achievement, Third Edition
- Assessment of Reading and Writing Difficulties: An Interactive Approach (5th Edition)
- Strategies That Work, 3rd edition: Teaching Comprehension for Engagement, Understanding, and Building Knowledge, Grades K-8
- Reading Problems: Assessment and Teaching Strategies (7th Edition)
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book.
The market-leading, reliable, and easy-to-use informal assessment instrument.
The QRI-6 continues to emphasize the authentic assessment of children’s reading abilities–from the earliest emergent readers to advanced readers. This popular resource provides graded word lists and numerous passages designed to assess a student’s oral reading accuracy, rate of reading, and comprehension of passage read orally and silently. Several unique features set it apart from other resources in the field, including narrative and expository passages at each level from pre-primer through high school, as well as all self-contained selections being highly representative of the structure and topics of materials found in basal readers and content-area textbooks. For example, passages at the pre-primer through second grade levels are presented with pictures, and maps and illustrations are part of the expository selections at fourth grade through high school levels.
The QRI-6 measures comprehension in several ways that allow an examiner to label a passage as familiar or unfamiliar to each student: by analyzing the student’s retelling or summarization; by looking at the student’s answers to explicit and implicit comprehension questions; through the answers to complex inference questions recommended by the Common Core State Standards; through the use of look-backs, which separate what readers remember from what they comprehend; and through the use of think-alouds at the sixth grade level and above to analyze the student’s thoughts during reading. These measurement tools presented in the QRI-6 contribute to its widespread popularity as a superb informal reading inventory. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded videos, audio clips, and forms & figures.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad® and Android® tablet.*
Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone for 50-60% less than a print bound book.
* The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7” or 10” tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0134539400 / 9780134539409 Qualitative Reading Inventory-6, with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0134161025 / 9780134161020 Qualitative Reading Inventory
0134385705 / 9780134385709 Qualitative Reading Inventory, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card